Beginner Nuggets for Positive Office Work Morale
The people that work for you become the lifeblood of your business. Ensuring they enjoy coming to work and working for you will be the spine behind your success.
What kind of leader you decide to be will set the tone. There are many different leadership types but at the end of the day. People want to feel like they are making a difference and it’s your job to show them they are.
When you first bring someone onto your payroll, you must create a clear understanding of expectations.
As a boss, you will need to start acting bossy, but in the sincerest of ways. Not clearly going over this will make both of you become resentful and it will be a loss for you as the business owner. New employees need your guidance, so give it to them.
Personnel & New Hire Manuals
Developing New Hire Process and Procedures Manuals is different for every company.
- Company Mission
- Company Values
- Job Description
- Employee Management
- Employee Onboarding Process
- New Hire Training Checklist – The training checklist should include: A welcome letter introducing them to the company, as well as a welcome email to the entire company introducing them to the team. This makes the new hire feel special and welcomed and eager to please you as the business owner. It should include policies and procedures, time-off policy, and any critical paperwork such as W2, 1099 or pay schedule.
- Ensure Values are understood by everyone.
- Sales Training Structure & Time
- Keeping the Momentum & Motivation
- Building a Power Team
- Ensuring a Positive Office Work Environment